In January 2019 Scala were asked by OnHealth’s Group Director, Ian Scanlan to handle the PR for the opening of the clinic, and to promote the 100 free places being made available to people living in the most deprived areas of the North East.
- Interviewed OnHealth Group Director Ian Scanlan and Shaun Hughes, the first patient at the obesity clinic.
- Drafted and circulated a press release to a unique PR circulation list.
- Managed media enquiries and scheduled interviews.
- Full media liaison management of interviews, filming and coverage.
- Provided media coaching and advice to those being interviewed.
- Secured a full morning day ‘live’ broadcast from the facility with SKY Sunrise as part of their special feature report - ‘Should obesity be reclassified as a disease’.
- Guests attended the facility to be interviewed throughout the programme. These included experts from the clinic, the clinic’s director and clients who had signed up to take part. These interviews showcased the clinic and also help to position OnHealth as market leaders and experts in this field.
- Secured major TV, Radio and press interviews with:
- SKY Sunrise
- ITV Tyne Tees
- BBC Radio Newcastle
- Metro Radio
- Chronicle Live
- 15 pieces of coverage
- 38.5m readership
- 144k estimated coverage views
- 8.34k social shares
Full Coverage can be viewed here.
About the client
OnHealth is an obesity clinic, based in Newcastle that offers a clinical weight loss programme to NHS and private clients. The are part of the OnMedical Group that delivers medical expert services to the personal injury and clinical negligence sector.